A Day in the Life

So, it’s literally 8:10 PM and I’m waiting on my Food Stirs cookies to get done. This blog was ready, the other day. Somehow got deleted along with another blog post. So here we are again.

Today was NOT a typical day by any means but I’ll cover the basics and how my day went.

So our daughter is in school, which means I have to be up no later than 6:45 AM every week day. This morning I was up by 6:30 AM. Maybe it was the dream I had of our taxes hitting the bank? Only kidding. Seriously though, taxes come through. I know I’m not the only one.

I was dressed and ready by 6:45 AM. Literally just crawl out of bed, throw some clothes on and roll with it. Ain’t no shame in my game. Plus, her school is like 2 minutes from our house. Nathan’s in my bed after waking up in the middle of the night. Thankfully, he actually made his way to our bed without raiding his sister’s room at 3 AM. He stays asleep as I get up.

A few minutes later, I go to get Vaeh up and get her ready, and she’s moving as slow as ever. My husband swears she is just like me. I mean, maybe? She finally gets up because she remembered she got to take her Valentines cards in today for their boxes they made. So she’s pumped. Alright! Off to a good start. She gets dressed as I’m starting the car, and then I fix her hair. She always wants her hair in a ponytail. I rarely get to do braids. This morning, she asked for braids then changed her mind and wanted a ponytail. Moms of girls, you feel me right? & thanks to my BFF for giving me a “Wet Brush” (honestly, I am so tired – I don’t even know if that’s right but whatever), this thing is a GOD SEND. Have I been blind? No offense, but really…why have I not personally invested into one of these?

It’s now 7:15 AM and Nathan’s up, trying to play with balloons. Every morning is a struggle getting this kid dressed. He doesn’t want to change out of his pjs, buckle up, or leave the house. Me either kid, me either. It’s gotta happen though.

What was different about this morning was that we were actually out the door by 7:22 AM. Usually we don’t arrive to the school until 7:37 AM. Vaeh was there early for once, and I was able to get back home, get my coffee going, and get started on our day at home without feeling like I’m always late.

So it’s 7:30 AM and we are back at home. I get Nathan settled with breakfast, some morning cartoons, and I get my coffee. During this time I usually start on laundry to get that going, if it needs to be done – let’s face it, our hampers are never empty and it drives my OCD up the wall. I also hop on the computer and start working on engagement, drafts, picture setups, editing, all the works.

This morning I actually took a little extra time and made this super freaking cute Valentines Day photo setup to take pictures of my babies once Vaeh got home. Once I got finished with the photo setup, I made Nathan some balloons, because he is literally obsessed. Oh the cookies are done by the way, figured I should add that because y’all are probably thinking I burnt them, or at least the ones who know me. No, I didn’t burn them, and they are actually pretty good.

Anyways, so Nathan is now playing with balloons as I start gathering all of my boxes from deliveries to burn. I joked with some friends earlier telling them that, burning the boxes is my chore as an influencer. We had boxes on top of boxes, on top of boxes. It’s not really my chore, honestly, my husband takes care of them most of the time, just thought I would do it to help him out.

By this time, it’s about 35 minutes until Vaeh will be getting off of the bus. So I try to do as much as I can during that 35 minutes, because it’s literally double the trouble once she gets home. I get Nathan occupied with toys and a small snack, and wait for her to get off of the bus. She gets home around 2:42 PM. Just about every single day.

As we are walking in the door, I tell her that I had something very cool to show her (the photo setup). We walk inside, Nathan was happy to see his sister (most days), and then we head to our master where I have the setup – she LOVES it. I get hers and Nathan’s clothes changed and Nathan throws a fit. Again, didn’t want his clothes changed. He finally calms down, once he saw the balloons. I took probably 30 pictures to get 3 good ones. Not even kidding. It was worth it though. After the shoot, they played together and I start editing the pictures. They are content so I go outside to finish the rest of the boxes, and surprise! My husband got home earlier than usual. Smiling as he walks up to me, because I’m burning the boxes. We finish the boxes up and head inside. Just to clarify we were literally right outside our back door, with the door open to listen for the kids – (me) just heating up the outside.

At this point it’s about 6 PM and Vaeh wants to play Monopoly. This kid is smart. Not to sound bias or anything but, she’s amazingly smart. Nathan’s asleep for his evening 30 minute nap, while we are at the kitchen table playing.

After we finished up the game, Vaeh starts helping clean up while Nathan is waking up. My husband is now in the living room with the kids while I cook and make the cookies, and try to clean the kitchen.

It’s now 8:50 PM (had to stop in between this blog because life), and Vaeh is in the bath, and they are about to head to bed.

Once I get them to bed in a few, I’ll finish up what cleaning I had left to do, then I’ll finally sit down and enjoy some time with my husband as we watch what he wants to watch. Kidding. We usually pick something together, but he knows I usually catch up with engagement for a few minutes anyways.

Whew. Long day for sure. I am exhausted, and going to spend the next few minutes coaching Vaeh into washing her own hair…wish me luck.

How was your day? Leave a comment below. Happy Valentines Day Eve. There should be an Eve for every holiday. Just saying.

XoXo – Chels ♥️

Posted by

Hi! I'm Chelsey, a mama of 2 with a love of photography working as a content creator. I've been happily married to the love of my life for 6 years. I utilize life experiences and my social media platforms for influencing, growth, and blogging. My content reflects motherhood, style, tech, outdoor, and lifestyle trends. I look forward to connecting with you!

3 thoughts on “A Day in the Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s